Innovanté Benefit Administrators has established a Corporate HIPAA Office
to provide coordination, encouragement, education,
communication and a legal interface for all HIPAA
It is the responsibility of the HIPAA Office to track,
monitor and verify that HIPAA efforts for readiness
and compliance are proceeding appropriately within
Innovanté Benefit Administrators.
The HIPAA Office:
- Oversees all HIPAA activities throughout Innovanté Benefit Administrators
- Coordinates the various HIPAA activities across
- Prioritizes areas of concentration
- Provides a center of expertise
- Communicates HIPAA status and activities to third
- Coordinates compliance activities
- Responds to inquiries
Innovanté Benefit Administrators has successfully implemented the HIPAA Transaction
Code Standards, based upon NCPDP Version 5.1 standards
for pharmacy data communication.
The National Council of Prescription Drug Programs'
Telecommunications Standards Version 5.1 was named
the official standard for pharmacy claims in the Health
Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- designed to safeguard patient privacy and simplify
the administration of healthcare claims.